New Delhi [India]April 16 (ANI): Easter Sunday is only a few hours away and if you are still searching various websites to find a perfect gift for the occasion, your search might end here!
Easter is a holy Christian holiday that celebrates the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, three days after he was put on a cross and executed. This year, it will be celebrated on April 17.
As mentioned in the Bible, Christ was crucified on Good Friday and buried in a tomb after his last meal which is commemorated as Holy Thursday. However, on the third day when his disciples visited his grave, they found that the grave was empty. The day marks Christ’s triumph over death and it also makes him the “Son of God”.
The day is celebrated with pomp and grandeur every year. Traditions such as church visits, baking hot buns and decorating Easter eggs symbolize Christ’s death on the cross and his resurrection from the tomb.
People also exchange Easter baskets and special gifts with loved ones. If you are also looking for the perfect gift for that special day, the gift ideas below can help you in your search:
1. Classic Easter Gift Basket: You can make a classic Easter gift basket yourself at home. Take a mini basket or basket-like container and decorate it with a bunny-inspired craft. Use colored glossy papers, markers and stickers to make it more attractive. Fill it with an assortment of truffles, brownies, chocolates, popcorn, caramels and jellies.
2. Bunny-bank: Just like its name, this could turn out to be a unique gift idea. If you already have a bunny-style piggy bank, you can make it more attractive by coloring it. otherwise, you can add some creativity to the normal piggy banks readily available in the markets. With a few cute stationery items, you can create your very own “rabbit-bank” piggy bank gift item.
3. Decorated Egg Carton with Chocolate Eggs: While chocolate eggs can fill someone’s day with joy, gifting them in a unique way can make it even more special. Take an old egg carton and decorate it with craft paint. Fill the carton with chocolate eggs and other holiday treats.
4. Carrot Cake Mix: Fill piping bags with chocolate or vanilla cake mix, or small treats like caramels and jellies. Tie the top of the bag with a green ribbon to give it a carrot shape. You can also staple quote tags to the ribbon to make the gift more creative.
5. Bunny Centerpiece: This super affordable gift can be made using the “best of scraps” technique. Take a melted bulb and cover it with white cotton. Use it as the bunny’s body and decorate it the same way. Place it horizontally and on its metal base glue cotton balls so that they resemble the ears of the rabbit. With some stationery, you can also create his eyes, nose, and whips.
From spring-inspired decor to sweet treats, there are plenty of Easter gifts one can give to loved ones. These DIY gift ideas will reflect more warmth and love you have for your loved ones because you will be making them yourself. Happy Easter! (ANI)
This report is generated automatically from the ANI news service. ThePrint declines all responsibility for its content.