Bohemian decor never goes out of fashion for those with a bohemian spirit. For some, bohemian chic decor is just a passing fad, but for others it’s just a way of life. Bohemian decor is not one of those decorating styles where you plan everything in advance and follow the style rules. Instead, it’s about collecting and crafting those things that make you feel free, comfortable, creative, and peaceful in your bohemian space.
If you’re walking to the beat of your own bohemian drummer, check out these super easy bohemian decor DIY projects to add a bit of bohemian chic to your space.
- Instagram Style Branch Photo Mobile – Turn your photos into a nice photo mobile like in this example. Let your creativity guide you with the design.
- Macrame Wall Hanging – Don’t be afraid of macrame – it doesn’t need to be dated and all 1970s. Macrame can actually be quite modern and up-to-date just like in this tutorial.
- DIY Kilim Rugs – Transform straw rugs into Kilim style rugs for a bohemian style. Kilim rugs are Turkish woven rugs, but this tutorial uses paint to achieve the effect of the pattern.
- Decoupage Trays – Use metallic and patterned paper for Mod Podge thrift store trays to add a bit of bohemian chic and protect your surfaces.
- Suzani Covered Pouf – Turn an ordinary pouf into a work of art by covering it with a Suzani-inspired fabric. Suzani is an embroidered fabric created in the countries of Central Asia.
- PVC Canopy Bed – Add bohemian drama to your bedroom by creating a draped canopy bed.
- DIY Flower “Chandelier” – Create a dried flower mobile for a pretty bohemian style.
- Hanging Mason Jar Lanterns – Mason jars are also an easy way to add rustic bohemian style to any space.
- Birch Wood Tealight Holder – Create a candle display stand with this simple project idea.
- Scrap Fabric Garland – Turn scraps of fabric into a pretty wall display.
- Chic Jewelry Trays – Paint thrift store finds for boho chic.
From organic authority files
The little-known immune-boosting nutrient you need on your plate, Stat!
Beautiful and durable holiday bakeware for the baker in your life
Well-made non-stick cookware with GreenPan
Linked to organic authority
Sea Salt DIY For You Boho Beach Goddesses
9 easy DIY ideas for chic things in your garden
7 DIY vintage decorating ideas that are chic but eco-friendly
Bohemian interior decoration image via Shutterstock